Consistent with BBB Industries, LLC Finance organization’s “CASH” model, individuals considered for this position must demonstrate specific experience in Controllership, Analysis, and Services with an unblemished commitment to Honesty/integrity. This specific role will report directly to the Director of Finance – Operations, and provide cost accounting and analysis for the department. In this capacity, the individual will perform all aspects of operational finance requirements including month-end closing, cost and variance analysis, development of annual product standard costs and related analyses, analyzing inventories, ensuring that manufacturing costs and related assets and liabilities are understood, auditable and properly recorded.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cost Accountant – Corporate is part of the Director of Finance – Operation’s team and is expected to work with the Plant Controllers in performing all aspects of operational finance requirements including cost and variance analysis, development of annual product standard costs, and analyzing inventories.
- Participate in the monthly closing process ensuring work requirements are completed in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Prepare and analyze monthly COGS, PPV and Manufacturing variance journal entries
- Calculate and analyze the Excess & Obsolete Inventory Reserve
- Track, analyze and report inventory valuations to management, ensure valued inventories have accurate quantities and are properly valued in accordance with GAAP
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Establish appropriate product category and other allocations
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures and proactively communicate identified accounting/financial and control issues to Accounting Manager, and Director of Finance-Operations.
- Complete assigned account reconciliations and related analysis on a monthly basis to identify potential discrepancies in account balances
- Lead yearly standard setting process for finished goods, components, and core parts; update and review standard and actual costs
- Establish, maintain and review standard costs systems; support the systems used to develop and analyze product costs
- Acquire a detailed understanding of BBB business model, processes, procedures and plant accounting internal controls
- Provide schedules, support, and analytics for year-end financial audit
- Proactively identify and address accounting and control issues, and ensure the Cost of Goods Sold section of the financials are compliant and correct
- Conduct balance sheet reviews on assigned accounts, and integrate related findings and actions into financial closing and forecasting processes
- Perform analyses on assigned accounts to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Work with operations on new and proposed product cost estimates
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual product cost development, analyze and report budgeted variances, and perform volume, component and core costing analysis
- Preparation of required budget schedules
- Prepare monthly variance analysis to support accurate and timely reporting of monthly actuals to various internal customers
- Participates in the coordination and preparation of operating forecasts vs budget, as required
- Preparation of weekly and or mid-month projections of operations performance, as required
- Support implementation/updates of cost accounting systems
- Support for process improvement projects
Work is performed mostly in a controlled office atmosphere. Business travel to plant locations is expected up to 25% of the time, mainly to Reynosa, Mexico. Plant visits could include exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING REQUIRED: