Consistent with BBB Industries, LLC Finance organization’s “CASH” model, individuals considered for this position must demonstrate specific experience in Controllership, Analysis, and Services with an unblemished commitment to Honesty/integrity. This specific role will report directly to the Director of Finance – Sales, and provide sales accounting and analysis for the department. In this capacity, the individual will perform all aspects of sales finance requirements including month-end closing, support for sales related activities including: sales revenue, program credit, warranty, margin and receivable analyses; review of customer contracts; and ensuring that sales revenue and related assets and liabilities are understood, auditable and properly recorded
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Accounting Analyst reports to the Director of Finance – Sales, and is expected to work cross-functionally to achieve position requirements. This role demands a firm grasp of both accounting and analytical skills, with the ability to work well with others at all levels. Candidates must demonstrate experience to efficiently analyze information to proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities to business performance expectations.
- Gather, validate and maintain a central file of commercial sales agreements / contracts- Meet with Sales leadership to confirm status of all key commercial agreements / contracts to ensure all
- are centrally accessible and maintained going forward
- - Confirm those currently in effect, and verify proper accounting treatment on all Terms & Conditions
- Participate in the monthly closing process ensuring work requirements are completed in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Prepare monthly analysis and journal entries related to contra revenue accounts (program credits, customer incentives, warranty, and stock returns)
- Ensure the Revenue section of the financials are compliant and correct and that revenue is recognized in accordance with customer contract and shipping terms and US GAAP
- Perform relevant and efficient account reconciliations and related analysis as assigned
- Conduct balance sheet reviews on significant accounts, and integrate related findings and actions into financial closing and forecasting processes
- Proactively identify and address accounting and control issues
- Communicate identified financial issues proactively to Director of Finance – Sales
- Support the quote to collect process ensuring appropriate approvals, cross-functional process hand-offs, and internal controls across the following processes: customer quote; business case; customer change-over; part number and pricing set-up/validation; billing; revenue recognition; and collection
- Perform analyses on customer sales, program credit/rebates, margins, warranty returns and make recommendations for course corrections as necessary
- Assist the Director of Finance – Sales with construction of the Long Term Strategic Plan, the Annual Budget, and on-going forecasts of Gross Revenue, Gross-to-Net Adjustments, Net Revenue and Standard Gross Margin
- Analyze relative to actual historical run rate trends; adjust for one-time events as required
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business to complete accurate and efficient forecasts, articulate key assumptions, risks and opportunities (quantify wherever possible)
- Analyze monthly financial results in an efficient manner, preparing flash-reporting and impactful, relevant analysis
- Support the SIOP (Sales/Inventory/Operations/Planning) forecasting process and prepare timely and accurate sales and margin analyses and estimates into that process
- Support Business Case modeling of new business as needed, and prepare timely and accurate sales forecast data for use in business case analysis
- Conduct complex financial analyses resulting in creative insights, implications, and recommendations about current and future financial trends and areas for improvement, focus or new investment
- Perform high quality sales, market allowances, program credit/rebate/fill rate penalty, gross margin and receivable analyses by customer to enable visibility and transparency into profitability by customer as well as drive improved cash flow efficiencies
- Perform analysis that links sales, margin and cash flow improvements to the financial statements, while clearly communicating impacts and timing of benefits
- Analyze Sales Operating Expenses, and provide accurate and timely forecast projections for review by Director of Finance - Sales
Work is performed mostly in a controlled office atmosphere.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.