Truck/Jeep Shop Mechanic
4 Wheel Parts is looking for an EXPERIENCED Truck/Jeep Shop Mechanic to join our team! The Truck/Jeep Shop Mechanic will work in a high volume service center, who can bring an immediate, positive impact to our Tucson 4 Wheel Parts store. You will be dealing with customers, preparing job estimates, and performing service work.
- Performs all repairs and services;
- Participates in the repair and reconditioning of automobiles and trucks;
- Participates in assembling and repairing cars and trucks;
- Maintains accurate work records;
- Uses the computer based Equipment Management Information System to record work order information and access to other information;
- Performs inspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of repair and suitability of vehicle for return to service;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work;
- Processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Motorized equipment repair, maintenance and testing;
- Proficiency with Hunter alignment machine;
- Lift 50 pounds or more;
- Perform a broad range of automotive repairs;
- Organize assignments to meet work requirements;
- Experience with Mounting and Balancing Wheels and Tires is desired;
- Experience with performing alignments is desired;
- Experience with installing suspension components such as Independent Front Suspensions (IFS), Suspension Lift Kits and a Straight Axle Suspension is desired;
- Experience with Gears is desired;
- Read and interpret system reports to aid in management of shop and performance of assigned duties;
- Communicate orally in person in a one-to-one or group setting;
- Read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used in the work environment and communicate to co-workers the precautions needed for safe handling of chemicals;
- Enter data or information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device;
- Methods, materials, equipment and operation of general automotive and mechanical repair shops;
- The characteristics and maintenance needs of a wide variety of automotive products & equipment;
- Safety practices and principles;
- General trades techniques, materials and practices of trades that are related to automotive and mechanical repair work;
- EPA and ADEQ regulations for spill containment and disposal of petroleum products used in a shop environment;
- Work cooperatively with other company employees;
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to incumbent or others;
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting;
Acceptable training and experience
Three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive and mechanical equipment as an automotive mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic or equipment repair specialist. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. ASE Certified is a plus.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TOOLS
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
APPLY for this opportunity at our careers site: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=4wp&jobId=193098&lang=en_US&source=TW
All Jobs at 4 Wheel Parts
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 7 days ago
3 other people applied to this job.
Posted 5 days ago