Transfer Flow, Inc. Employment Opportunity
Compensation: DOE, Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays, Vacation, 401k
Employment type: full-time
Transfer Flow is a design, innovation, and manufacturing company located in Northern California. We specialize in legal and safe fuel tank systems, as well as vehicle accessories. Our products are used to fuel adventures around the world and can be found on vehicles for both personal and commercial uses. Both our Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) business and aftermarket products provide solutions for some of the most demanding and safety conscious fuel system applications known to man. For almost 35 years, our products have consistently been the fuel system of choice for fleet vehicles from some of our nation's largest companies.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for product, product support design, providing assistance and support to Transfer Flow's Engineering Staff. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for producing work that conforms to Transfer Flow's need for safe and accurate fuel systems, related components and processes.
Essential Job Functions
The normal workday begins at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Some overtime will be required, possibly with little advance notification. The job demands a regular and reliable level of attendance.
Obviously not every job task is listed. We have attempted to list the major functions only.
a. Work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
b. Meet deadlines.
c. Work in a cooperative manner with the engineering, production, sales and
management staff, customers and vendors.
d. Effectively use Autodesk Inventor to design product, projects, edit and create
e. Create and route engineering change orders through the department to support
f. Trouble shoot, problem solve and implement continuous improvement of product and
g. Innovatively create new products and solutions to problems.
h. Clearly communicate in a pleasant and effective manner verbally and non-verbally
i. Work as a team member at all times.
k. Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
l. Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety,
reliability and throughput.
m. Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub- contractors, suppliers and customers.
n. Planning and designing new production processes.
o. Utilize research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly
mathematical modeling and computer-aided design.
p. Possesses awareness of own limitations.
q. Familiar with machine operations, manufacturing capabilities and limitations.
r. Ability to setup, operate and troubleshoot metal working equipment is preferred.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing work environment.
• Mechanical experience
• Knowledge of common mechanical tools
• Knowledge and recognition of common fasteners and hardware
• Proficient in use of MS Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing
• Experience working in manufacturing
• Experience with powder coating application and related equipment
• Exposure to shipping procedures and tools, inventory principles
• Strong work ethic
• Self-motivated, responsible and ambitious individual that is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
• Hands-on person who knows what needs to be done and has a strong sense of ownership
• Proactive in nature and operate with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Please reply with .pdf of resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Transfer Flow is unable to accommodate interviews without prior appointments. Thank you for your understanding.