Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the aftermarket on/off road suspension systems. We are seeking an experienced R&D CNC machinist and lathe operator for our busy R&D department to design and create a number of machined items while working independently. This position will involve turning and machining various prototype components designed for the hardened rigors of the off road motorsport world from a wide variety of steels, alloys and plastics. Our team of engineers and designers create industry leading designs and you could have the opportunity to bring these concepts to life with our in house R&D CNC equipment.
This position will be located in Chula Vista, CA.
No relocation is provided for this opportunity.
- Designs and creates machined items using HAAS and CNC lathe;
- Interprets and markups all R&D machining drawings;
- Meets and complies with all safety regulations and guidelines;
- Communicates daily regarding safety, workload and machine or component problems;
- Works in an environment based on teamwork and continuous improvement though support and execution of Lean Manufacturing practices (raising yields, improving quality, increasing throughput, and cycle time reduction);
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in an applicable manufacturing/engineering environment is required;
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings;
- Full knowledge of machine setup, tear down and offset creation;
- Machine tooling setup and tooling selection;
- Must have full knowledge of G and M code;
- Must have knowledge of MasterCam X6 or higher;
- Solid Works knowledge is desired;
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal instruction or direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Understanding of suspension/drivetrain;
- Strong mechanical abilities;
- Must be strong team player;
Must own your own measuring instruments.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
About Pro Comp Suspension:
APPLY for this opportunity by visiting our careers site: http://transamericanautoparts.com/job
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
Posted 5 days ago