Compensation$12.50 to $19.50 Hourly
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Fixture Fabricator to join our team!
The Fixture Fabricator will work in our R&D fixture department to design and create a number of fabricated fixtures while working independently.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Designs and creates fabricated fixtures for production using shop equipment (band saw, air tools, welder, shears, press, etc.);
- Creates and maintains PM program for fixtures as scheduled and log all work performed;
- Meets and complies with all safety regulations and guidelines;
- Communicates daily regarding safety, workload and machine or component problems;
- Working an environment based on teamwork and continuous improvement though support and execution of Lean Manufacturing practices (raising yields, improving quality, increasing throughput, and cycle time reduction);
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have 2 plus years of related experience in an applicable fabrication/engineering environment;
- Must own your own tools for fabrication and mechanical related jobs;
- Must have basic working knowledge of manufacturing process;
- Must have basic working knowledge of metal fabrication skills and all related equipment;
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal instruction or direction;
- Entry level computer skills to document and log work performed;
- Must have the ability to measure using calipers, bore gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Strong creative thinking with ability to apply concepts
- Strong welding skills in MIG and TIG for various alloys to include aluminum and stainless.
- Must possess excellent communication skills;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must have an understanding of suspension/drivetrain;
- Must have strong mechanical abilities;
- Must be strong team player;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
About Pro Comp Suspension:
APPLY for this opportunity by visiting our careers site: http://transamericanautoparts.com/job
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
8 other people applied to this job.
Posted 4 days ago