Manufacturing ABB/OTC Robot Programmer/Operator
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic ABB/OTC Robot Programmer/Operator to join our team!
We are seeking a Dynamic ABB/OTC Robot Programmer/Operator for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts in ourManufacturing Department.
LOCAL Candidates only. Relocation will not be provided.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the Greater San Diego area.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixtures and proper work procedures;
- Programs OTC robotics welder using teach pendant mode;
- Programs, re-programs and or re-teaches the robotic equipment as needed;
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications;
- Monitors welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material;
- Performs basic maintenance of machines as required and keeps supervisors informed of necessary maintenance or repairs;
- Determines required welding methods via established work procedures and applies proper welding techniques;
- Marks or tags material with proper job number and sign part;
- Chips or grinds off excess weld slag, or spatter, using hand scraper or portable grinders;
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Operates equipment safely;
- Must have previous experience running ABB/OTC;
- Ability to perform programming, testing and start-up to include MIG welding, weld parameters and troubleshooting;
- Ability to adjust and set robot to production specifications while efficiently and effectively operating multiple robot MIG weld cells;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).