Manufacturing Production Support Rep
Benefits OfferedLife, Dental, Medical, Vision, 401K
Production Support Rep
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Production Support Rep to join our team!
The Production Support Rep is a multi-capacity position that will provide support in both indirect and direct capacities. This employee must provide detailed and accurate administrative support to Manufacturing Department through the creation and completion of work orders, running of production reports, calculation and updating of individual and department efficiencies for communication board and individual work. The Production Support Rep will accurately create and receive purchase orders, reconcile inventory discrepancies while correcting part negatives.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Creates and completes 97 and 96 level work orders;
- Runs all applicable production reports to support the completion of individual and work center output and efficiency sheets;
- Provides liaison support between San Diego and Mexico facilities;
- Creates and receives purchase orders/work orders from Mexico operation;
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies while correcting part negatives;
- Responsible for following weekly and monthly shock room replenishment production schedules;
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating with the Manufacturing Manager;
- Communicates timely and accurate material or production issues that affect scheduled production activities;
- Reviews schedules to determine materials and parts requirements and ensures materials are available according to schedules;
- Responsible for assuring that all related raw material and components will be available prior to scheduling and releasing weekly manufacturing orders;
- Responsible to track the flow of critical/hot parts through the manufacturing shop from the raw material phase, through the manufacturing process, and onto the shipping dock;
- Monitors and updates daily “HOT” sheets and communicates the results with the scheduler;
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have 2 plus years of related experience in an applicable fabrication/engineering environment;
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing data management systems;
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal instruction or direction;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must be strong team player;
Position is in a Manufacturing environment and maybe exposed to moderate temperature changes. Applicants will be required to stand for long periods of time while performing repetitive tasks using both hands with the ability to lift up to 25lbs. Position requires the employee to work with oils, coolants, solvents as well as being exposed to hot and sharp parts and equipment.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
About Pro Comp Suspension:
APPLY for this opportunity by visiting our careers site: http://transamericanautoparts.com/job
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 12 days ago