Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Product Development Designer
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive aftermarket on/off road suspension systems for Jeeps and Trucks. We are seeking a Dynamic Product Development Designer to join our team! The Product Development Designer will work in our Research and Development (R&D) Engineering department and be responsible for taking our projects from start to finish while providing a key role in the design of cutting edge products.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the Greater San Diego area.
Relocation will not be provided.
- Uses SolidWorks to transform initial rough product designs into working documents, develops concepts, drawings and documentation that meets engineering specifications;
- Reviews engineering drawings, researches and analyzes designs and retrieves information to execute a design project from design brief to production manufacturing;
- Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards;
- Maintains a hands on/driving role in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of automotive/mechanical products;
- Documents part assemblies in an indented Bill of Materials;
- Creates assembly illustrations for use in instructions using Solidworks/3DComposer along with product photos and line drawings;
- Develops detailed installation instruction outlines with the assistance of a fabricator;
- Evaluates and reverse engineers existing suspension components for use in continuous improvement processes;
- Requires at least 2 years of related work experience in a Design, Engineering or Research & Development (R&D) environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Design is preferred;
- An automotive background is preferred;
- Detailed SolidWorks knowledge is required;
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude;
- Microsoft Office proficiency (including Outlook; Word; and Excel);
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter and detailed oriented;
- Must have strong organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, with the ability to function semi autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Ability to plan, make decisions and prioritize appropriately with company goals and directives in mind;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”)
About Pro Comp Suspension:
APPLY for this opportunity by visiting our careers site: http://transamericanautoparts.com/job
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
Posted 11 days ago