Merchandising/Product Category Specialist
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are seeking a Dynamic Category Merchandising Product Specialist to join our team!
The Category Merchandising Product Specialist will be responsible for helping enhance and bolster our categories (i.e Suspension, Performance, Tires, Wheels, Towing, Interior, etc).
This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Identifies new product opportunities and works to implement through retail and wholesale selling channels;
- Works directly with internal sales teams and external suppliers on customer promotional programs;
- Develops critical insights and solutions for assigned vendor/product lines, including identifying potential growth opportunities, as well as recognizing strengths and concerns;
- Performs sales analysis within respective category/product lines;
- Interacts directly with our product suppliers in areas related to product and marketing;
- Manages sell out results relevant to assigned category;
- Must have strong Aftermarket Automotive experience and knowledge;
- Must have at least 5 years of Automotive merchandising, marketing experience (product management;
- Must have experience in a high volume automotive/retail goods/consumer durable goods industry;
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Proficient with MS Office applications – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
- Retail Sales experience is preferred;
- Must be able to travel for work related projects;
- Ability to manage projects and tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Must have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be a team player adept at working in a cross functional environment;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).