Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are seeking a Creative Graphic Designer to join our team!
We are seeking a Creative Graphic Designer to join our team! The Graphic Designer will be responsible for providing their dynamic creative ability to market our automotive aftermarket brands.
This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Owns projects from start to finish, ensures all content is correct and work is consistent with established brand identity and industry best practices;
- Meets clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Interprets the client's business needs and develops a concept to suit their purpose;
- Estimates the time required to complete the work and provides quotes for clients;
- Develops design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Uses creative thinking to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Uses innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presents finalized ideas and concepts to managers;
- Works with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
- Proofreads to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Contributes ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Demonstrates illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Works on layouts and art working pages ready for print;
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Develops interactive design;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- Works as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or in a related field is required;
- Must have at least 5 years of experience design studio or in-house marketing/design department years;
- Must be Proficient with Adobe InDesign skills, especially Tables, Master Pages and Styles;
- Must be proficient with Adobe Photoshop and photo manipulation skills;
- Must have experience with Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Fireworks;
- Must have experience with web and print production;
- Microsoft Office proficiency (including Outlook; Word; Excel and PowerPoint);
- Must have a solid understanding of advertising, branding and marketing concepts;
- Experience and or Interest in the off-road, automotive and or motorsports industry is preferred;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes;
- Positive mental attitude, team orientation and results driven;
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively;
- Strong peer relationship skills;
- Strong time management, organizational skills and have a high attention to details;
Candidates will be asked to submit 4 samples of work in InDesign and Photoshop, including one that shows the BEFORE and AFTER manipulation of an automotive image
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
About Transamerican Auto Parts:
APPLY for this opportunity
Please provide salary history and current salary expectations
Note: resumes received without salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; 4 Wheel Parts and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: http://transamericanautoparts.com/
Posted 23 days ago