Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary Position)
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. Transamerican Auto Parts is a vertically integrated, multi-channel reseller that does business under the following B2C and B2B brands: 4 Wheel Parts, 4 Wheel Parts of Canada, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware, Transamerican Wholesale and the Transamerican Manufacturing Group.
We are looking for a HR Assistant on a temporary assignment!
This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Answering employee questions;
- Processes incoming mail;
- Creates and distributing documents;
- Provides customer service to organization employees;
- Maintains computer system by updating and entering data;
- Sets appointments and arranges meetings;
- Compiles reports and spreadsheets and prepares spreadsheets;
- Collects employment and tax information;
- Prepares new employee files;
- Oversees the completion of compensation and benefit documentation;
- Serves as a point person for all new employee questions;
- Answering basic payroll questions;
- Assistance of maintaining current HR files;
- Updating and maintaining employee HR and benefit records;
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions;
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained;
- Assisting in performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations;
- AA Degree in Human Resources or related field;
- 2+ of HR Related field experience;
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner;
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings;
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information;
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently;
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality;
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback;
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Retail environment experience is preferred;
- Automotive Experience is preferred but not required;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
About Transamerican Auto Parts:
APPLY for this opportunity
Please provide salary history and current salary expectations
Note: resumes received without salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; 4 Wheel Parts and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 24 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 77 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1600 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: http://transamericanautoparts.com/
Posted 8 days ago