Driving Line is looking for a digital-savvy Associate Editor to create content focused on the truck market for Driving Line Magazine and DrivingLine.com
Ideal candidate must be driven, flexible, creative, with the ability to multi-task and independently follow-through on tasks. Strong communication and writing and photography skills are a must. We’re looking to add someone with a good foundation publishing digitally and driving results with a specific area of expertise in the truck market.
Who We Are:
Driving Line is part of the new media movement and was created with the desire of providing genuine content showcasing the unique stories of automotive enthusiasts that are often overlooked by the big publications. We tell the untold stories of the automotive world and want you to get behind the wheel with us on what is sure to be an amazing ride. As part of a small, tight knit team, you will have the ability to make an immediate impact and grow your skill set while working alongside incredibly talented team members.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Digital publishing expertise. You’ve worked extensively with online content and know the boxes to check and angles to pursue to make content shine online.
- Truck market expertise. You’ll be working with a team that covers many of the automotive niches and we need you to know your trucks – street trucks, diesel trucks, off-road trucks, you’ve got your finger on the pulse of those cultures.
- Detail oriented. From crossing t’s and dotting i’s, following AP style editing, submitting stories on time and checking off team deliverables you won’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- You learn on the fly and are constantly evolving. Just because it hasn’t been done before, doesn’t mean you won’t try it. Whether that’s conquering command of on-the-fly videos or tweaking content to shine on a new platform, you’re ready for challenge.
- Data driven. You trust what the numbers say when it comes to evaluating content and making it better.
- Whether attending events or working in the office, you’re always looking to maximize your day and drive content to perform its best.
- You’re an air traffic controller. You know how to prioritize your own work and that of the team and can work on multiple things simultaneously.
- You are resourceful and getting-stuff-done is your middle name.
What You’ll Do:
- Create content focused on the truck market, be it articles, newsletters, or additional material.
- Oversee freelancers within the truck niche. From onboarding them to our publishing process to assigning articles and seeing them through on deadline, you’ll be responsible to make sure their content is on target and in sync with our editorial calendar.
- Be part of the team. We work hard at keeping content on point and we want you to also. Expanding beyond merely writing/editing, you may find yourself lending a hand at an event, copyediting a newsletter, brainstorming a new video concept, attending client meetings, or making the stars align for the next cover shoot.
- Industry events. Because cool stuff rarely happens sitting still! You’ll need to be able to attend and cover industry events (some travel required) and build relationships with industry VIPs.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Demonstrated ability to manage freelancers and publish on a deadline.
- Excellent communication and creative writing skills in a variety of voices.
- Experience locating and engaging advocates within online communities.
- Experience using online digital content platforms, photo editing software and Google Analytics.
- Passion for and knowledge of the truck niche within the automotive industry.
- Video skills. You can shoot and edit something on the fly or execute a larger concept into reality.
What We Offer:
At Cie Digital Labs, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary, profit share, and equity. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner...
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!
Applicants must include a link to their online portfolio with their application to be considered.