Assist with product development activities including: vehicle acquisition, measurement, product installation and evaluation of aftermarket, customer-specific, and motorsports applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, assemble, disassemble, measure and test original equipment and competitor’s suspension components.
2. Install, assemble, disassemble, measure and test Bilstein prototype and production suspension components to support new product development.
3. Conduct vehicle suspension assessments (including ride evaluations, suspension and component measurements) as required by Product Engineers.
4. Collect and provide technical data such as dimensional, graphical and statistical information, and test results to Product Engineers in existing information systems.
5. Produce diagrams, images, and text in support of consumer installation instructions for suspension products.
6. Assist with identification and acquisition of components, assemblies, and other items needed for prototype product production.
7. Assemble, fabricate, modify, and otherwise prepare prototype product as instructed by Product Engineers and Development Technicians.
8. Read and interpret technical drawings and instructions.
9. Interact with SAP system to create requisitions, interpret bills of materials, and enter data as directed by Product Engineers.
10. Identify potential applications to available product base.
11. Provide technical assistance to sales, distributors, suppliers and manufacturers as requested.
12. Acquire information (application model-year carryovers, etc.) to assist Product Management with maintenance of product databases for application guides and catalogs.
13. Provide assistance with resolution of warranty, quality control and general technical inquiries.
14. Perform other duties as requested.