One of Australia’s largest suppliers of suspension related products to the aftermarket, with growing operations in the USA, UK and Asia.
About the role:
This role is positioned in our Rancho Cucamonga Operations team based in Los Angeles and is responsible in overseeing the Whiteline Global Brand and Nolathane Brand in the USA and UK/EU. You will optimize all resources for best return and results as well as contributing to the business’ long term sustainability and growth.
In addition, you will collaborate with the management team to improve productivity and efficiency by using your initiative, strategy and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement and ensure the site runs at its optimum.
As Product Manager, you will guide a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers. A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. This involves co ordination or generation of printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the field force is kept up to date on new developments regarding the companies or competitors products.
- Close liaison with the field force to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure that the printed promotional material is being used optimally.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Either conduct this research with in-house staff or manage an outside agency ie initial identification of suitable partner, definition of responsibilities, communication plan, divisions of responsibility, milestones, contract with company, review transcripts and reports, and recommend action plans from the research.
- Assist with the development of the annual marketing plan and for controlling advertising, promotion and sales aids in accordance with the annual marketing plan.
- Responsible for preparing product forecasts, and constantly monitoring inventory levels held including liaison with production (locally and globally) to ensure supply timelines.
- Developing the category plan in conjunction with the business unit manager
- Developing a business case to support your strategies
- Managing pricing and margins
- Analysis of sales, market data, market intelligence
- Market research
- Drive new product development and negotiate and work closely with suppliers overseas
- Management of a variety of projects simultaneously
- In conjunction with the business unit manager, lead the future product strategy to optimize the product range
- Business Case development and financial management of development programs