Automotive Shop Mechanic
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Automotive Shop Mechanic/Technician in a high volume service center, who can bring an immediate, positive impact to our Baton Rouge store. You will be dealing with customers, preparing job estimates, and performing service work.
- Performs all repairs and services;
- Participates in the repair and reconditioning of automobiles and trucks;
- Participates in assembling and repairing cars and trucks;
- Maintains accurate work records;
- Uses the computer based Equipment Management Information System to record work order information and access to other information;
- Performs inspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of repair and suitability of vehicle for return to service;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work;
- Processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
Acceptable training and experience
Three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive and mechanical equipment as an automotive mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic or equipment repair specialist. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. ASE Certified a plus.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TOOLS
In addition to a great compensation and commission plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; Vision Plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered)
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
- Consumer sales experience in a retail environment;
- Automotive Experience preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of 4-Wheel/Off Road Product is a must;
- Type 45 wpm;
Additional Salary Information: base + commission
Internal Number: 1471, 1472