Integration/Process Improvement Specialist
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Integration/Process Improvement Specialist to join our team!
The Integration/Process Improvement Specialist will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of quality relating to integration of parts being added to the manufacturing portfolio- through sourcing and/or acquisition. This will require establishing close working relationship with manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, and other support functions. The Integration/Process Improvement Specialist will be part of the quality team in supporting and enforcing the QMS and reporting status of all open projects. Metrics will be instrumental in providing data for decision making improvements.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Performs and tracks assigned planning and project work relating to new equipment, materials, and processes as a lead and or support person;
- Establishes and generates metrics to support analysis for benchmarking new products and processes as well as improvement programs;
- Participates as a team member in sourcing and quality standards/suppliers development;
- Ensures neat and accurate records are completed and maintained to support audit and /or future product/part investigations;
- Performs internal auditing and documentations review/revision;
- Conducts training on quality methods, processes and procedures;
- Ensures a smooth and timely transition of product lines, parts and process development efforts;
- Provides documentation of new processes and ensures controls points are identified, inspection frequency and records are captured;
- Establishes accountability for each task and related components;
- Establishes criteria for new parts and processes enabling consistent and effective manufacturing and control of product;
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent education and work experience;
- Must have 5 years of previous related experience in QA testing methodology;
- Must have previous manufacturing environment experience;
- Previous experience working in a certified ISO9001 QMS is preferred;
- Automotive industry experience is preferred;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Knowledge and experience utilizing various machine measurement tools (gauges, calipers, etc);
- Statistical process control and improvement tools experience;
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and resourceful;
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under schedule/milestones pressures;
- Ability to work with various personalities in a professional and courteous manner;
Relocation will not be provided.
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
To learn more about us, visit: http://www.procompusa.com/
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).