Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are looking for a Junior Buyer to join our team!
Anyone that has experience working with Asian Vendors is a huge plus!
The Junior Buyer will be someone that will bring an immediate positive impact to our Supply Chain Department.
This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Manages stocking and non-stocking vendor replenishment related activities;
- Reviews assigned vendors and maintains the correct balance of inventory to optimize inventory turns and minimize stock outs on key items;
- Performs stock adjustments to obtain the proper balance of stock in order to maximize sales and minimize obsolete inventory;
- Develops reporting tools to identify slow moving stock that is routinely expedited and develop a stocking plan to drive down expediting costs;
- Assists Operations by focusing on inbound transportation and stocking methods to reduce costs associated with the procurement of inventory;
- Manages vendor communications to resolve supply chain related issues (payments, stocking levels, freight, quality, etc.) in a timely manner;
- May include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time;
- Works closely with the supply chain team (Purchasing, S&OP, Logistics, and DC Operations) to communicate expectations to the vendors and provide feedback to resolve supply issues within the organization;
- Works closely with the sales channel and merchandising management team to purchase inventory to maximize sales within marketing promotions and new product launches;
- Documents and communicates purchase orders or purchase order changes to suppliers;
- Follows-up on purchase orders to ensure compliance with delivery schedules and requester requirements and to coordinate resolution of delays or problems that arise;
- Proactively seeks cost reductions with current suppliers;
- Communicates significant supplier situations that may impact objectives and supply;
- Resolves any discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost and quality;
- Participates in company initiatives and contributes to continuous improvement processes;
- Performs stock adjustments within the guidelines set forth by the company initiatives;
- Reviews generated purchase orders or enter new purchase orders into ERP system and prepare reports;
- Maintains supplier records;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in procurement, preferably in an automotive aftermarket environment;
- Must have automotive experience;
- Associate’s Degree in Business required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment;
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timeline and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt;
- Proficient with MS Office applications – Advanced Excel, Word, and Power Point
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).