Pro Comp Suspension Systems is the leader in light truck aftermarket suspension system manufacturing and wholesale distribution. We are seeking a motivated hands-on Manufacturing Engineer to help improve efficiency in our manufacturing operations and act as a liaison between our production and R&D groups.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the Greater San Diego area.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas for improvement;
- Improves manufacturing processes using knowledge of product design and assembly requirements;
- Evaluates proposed designs for manufacturability and provide should-cost estimates;
- Establishes an effective and efficient work sequence for new products and equipment;
- Collaborates with production and R&D team members to resolve manufacturing problems;
- Develops standardized design criteria to improve overall efficiency and quality;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred;
- Automotive manufacturing background is preferred;
- Must have 3 – 5 years of related work experience;
- Must have SolidWorks knowledge and the ability to read and create drawings;
- Microsoft proficiency with Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- PowerPoint experience is desired;
- Must have strong attention to detail;
- Must have good problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Ability to plan, make decisions and prioritize appropriately with company goals and directives in mind;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Applicant should be a team player and able to work with a variety of personalities;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).