Automotive Technicians are part of one of the most important teams in the dealership - The service department! You will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. Our Technicians can expect a clean, safe and state-of-the-art environment to work in. The jobs are challenging and extensive training is available to those who are career focused!
- Perform work outlined on maintenance and repair orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose the cause of any malfunction and repair in a timely manner.
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Able to explain mechanical problems and needed repairs to Service Advisors and vehicle owners in a non-technical manner.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay in line with rapidly changing technology.
- Confer with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Perform quality inspections of vehicle repairs prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc
- Communicate directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
Thunder Bay Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Alpena, MI 49707