vAuto seeks a Performance Manager in the Albuquerque, NM area.
Working remotely, the elite members of vAuto's Performance Management team leverage their preowned inventory management expertise while advising the 9,000+ dealers currently utilizing the Velocity Method of Management.
The Performance Manager is primarily responsible for client retention and may exceed target commission levels by harvesting additional accounts and upselling the vAuto suite of products. Managing an account load of 80 – 110 accounts, 70% of the work can be done from home, with 25 – 30% travel suggested.
If you know vAuto, then you know we are innovators. Our technology, tools and business intelligence help dealers improve their new and used vehicle sales and profits in ways our competitors just can't imitate. If you have ever worked with a Performance Manager, then you know that vAuto PM’s are more than just an account manager. Our team is stocked with former General Managers, General Sales Managers, Used Car Managers, Preowned Directors, and Dealers who have walked in your shoes and have the credibility to advise on best practices.
The job is extremely challenging, the training has been compared to a military boot camp, but when all is said and done if you value the opportunity for a stable work environment and to have the same kind of influence over 100 dealerships that you have leading a single rooftop, then this is the career for you.
What we offer
- Improved work life balance – get your weekends back
- Collaboration – ongoing support from peers and vAuto leadership
- Deeply discounted health insurance coverage (compared to dealer rates)
- Matching 401k
- 24 day PTO & 9 paid holidays
What we are looking for
- The alpha – must be able to have the uncomfortable conversations with decision makers, you are the expert in your field
- The pit bull – must be tenacious in locking down the client who doesn’t want to engage
- The problem solver
- Ability to operate in a chaotic environment without neglecting detail
You may have noticed ongoing or multiple postings for vAuto Performance Managers. We do not have these job postings up randomly just to see who applies. We strategically place these postings in our areas of greatest need and hire on a quarterly basis. Our areas of coverage are broken up into regions throughout the country. A posting in Boston, MA for example would encompass the entire Northeast region which is everything Northeast of Pennsylvania. Also, Performance Managers hired in a given region may rarely be responsible for accounts outside of that region.
- These openings are due to growth, not attrition.
- You will hear the term “training class” repeated often throughout this process. On a quarterly basis we analyze our areas of greatest growth, and hire a group of about 10 – 12 highly qualified automotive retail management professionals to go through an intense 10 week training course to become vAuto Performance Managers.
- From day 1 of training, new recruits are full time, permanent employees of vAuto/Cox Automotive, earning full base salary along with full benefit eligibility.
- Effectively manage the progress and results of accounts assigned.
- Engage in high-profile activity across strategic client groups.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with customers and all users at all levels from Dealer/Owner/Decision Maker on down.
- Work with ‘at risk’ clients and determine the proper action plan.
- Demonstrate account ownership by responding to client requests with a constant sense of urgency.
- Monitor and analyze account performance and trends to determine adjustments to dealer expectations, goals, and objectives in order to achieve results.
- Closely monitor system ‘red flags’ and emergencies with clients, taking immediate action at all times.
- Generate additional revenue by harvesting existing accounts for additional stores and products.
- Determine needs for additional resources in order to maintain continued success with all clients.
- Continually work on the turnaround ‘cancelled’ accounts.
- Effectively manage time and activity to successfully engage with at least 8 clients per day.
- Assists in generating high client attendance to product workshops.
- Actively participate in product development/enhancement review sessions to continue in development as a vAuto ‘knowledge master’
- Travel to clients, allowing for maximum time with all clients and maximum client reach.
- Work with new PM team members as required as a mentor.
- Engage and participate in the exchange of best practices across entire PM team.
- Must have at least 7 years of retail automotive management experience in the capacity of General Manager, General Sales Manager, Used Car Manager, or Preowned Director.
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and communicate in an engaging manner.
- Exceptional listening skills, with the ability to detect problem/risks.
- Superior customer focused approach at all times.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working in a team environment.
- Personal qualities and style requirements include possessing high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, determination, and a high level of detail.
- Proficiency in using Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite.
- High School diploma or GED.