- Initiate automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Ascertain automotive problems and services by listening to the customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; checking vehicle maintenance records; and examining service schedules.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develop written estimates by pricing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepare repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications, and complete all required training
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Dependable and punctual
- Must have computer experience, basic typing skills, and ability to learn company-specific computer software at a fast pace
- Must have excellent customer service skills to include returning calls promptly and courteously and communicating with other departments
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and a focus on quality
- Reporting research results
- Product knowledge
- Safety management
- Must be a team player and be adaptable to a fast paced environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This is non-management position with a competitive benefits package to include paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, disability, life, and AD&D insurance and a 401k retirement plan with company match
Please apply now below.
Carolina Freightliner of Raleigh
3500 Yonkers Road
Raleigh, NC 27604
For more information about our company, please visit www.carolinafreightliner.com