Product Development Design Engineer – Shocks & Springs
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive aftermarket on/off road suspension systems for Jeeps and Trucks. We are seeking a Dynamic Product Development Design Engineer – Shocks & Springs to join our team!
The Product Development Design Engineer (Shocks & Springs) will work in our Research and Development (R&D) Engineering department and be responsible for taking our projects from start to finish while providing a key role in the design of cutting edge products.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the Greater San Diego area.
Relocation will not be provided.
- Creates new shock and spring applications by determining vehicle package requirements, calculating spring rates, creating working models, developing concepts, creating drawings and engineering documentation;
- Reviews engineering drawings, researches and analyze designs and retrieves information to execute a project from design brief to production manufacturing and ensure adherence to established specifications and standards;
- Maintains a hands on/driving role in the fabrication and fit up of prototype parts, ride & handling evaluation, installation, and development of field fixes as required;
- Supports senior shock designer and shock project manager in completing their projects as required to maximize the number of new products released to the market;
- Creates working models and drawings using Solidworks;
- Documents part assemblies in an indented Bill of Materials;
- Creates detailed installation instruction outlines in conjunction with a fabricator;
- Develops manufacturing work instructions and tooling as required to introduce new products into our work environment;
- Evaluates competitors designs for use in continuous improvement processes;
- Requires at least 2 years of related work experience in a Design, Engineering or in a Research & Development (R&D) environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Design is preferred;
- An automotive background is preferred;
- Detailed SolidWorks knowledge is required;
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude;
- Microsoft Office proficiency (including Outlook; Word; and Excel);
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter and detailed oriented;
- Must have strong organizational skills;
- Must be a detail oriented, enthusiastic self-starter;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, with the ability to function semi autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Ability to plan, make decisions and prioritize appropriately with company goals and directives in mind;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).