Retail Inventory Analyst
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are looking for a Dynamic Retail Inventory Analyst to join our team!
The Retail Inventory Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the products sold through the Retail channels at TAP to determine the optimal inventory set for the stores.
This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Analyzes the products sold through the Retail channels at TAP to determine the optimal inventory set for the stores;
- Develops an inventory plan relative to Store Visual Plans;
- Maintains OPs based on request from the field;
- Regularly updates and resets OPs per brand;
- Expedites the inventory pull/push with the location;
- Identifies the opportunities to increase inventory levels by category and lines code to improve service levels with a balance of increased sales to offset the inventory costs;
- Develops models to identify the sales projections with improved service levels and added inventory positions at various stores;
- Works closely with the Inventory control manager and retail store demand planner to identify the inventory transfers and returns to analyze the inventory carrying costs and right size the retail store level inventory positions to maximize sales and minimize returns;
- Works closely with buyers and demand planners, retail channel, merchandising to create a unified approach to Retail Inventory process;
- Develops a financial model to review the inventory vs. sales at category level to leverage the service levels to meet the short term, long term goals to achieve ideal inventory at various Stores;
- Analyzes the excess and obsolete inventory and inventory by month buckets and identify commodities, line codes and SKU’s for vendor returns, discounting, on-line sales and scrap;
- Works closely with Stores and Regional Inventory Control to manage the inventory;
- Participates in the Sales and Operations planning process to notify and incorporate any store inventory planning activities;
- Compiles and reports on all key retail inventory metrics to the corporate team;
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Management/Business Operations, or equivalent;
- APICS certified is desired;
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a high volume automotive/retail goods/consumer durable goods sales-distribution industry with best-in-class order fulfillment process and suitable background experience in demand planning;
- Must have detailed knowledge of Retail Operations, Inventory Planning, Inventory Control and Analytics;
- Detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / warehouse management systems and ERP;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under a tight timeline and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Aptitude for critical analysis and creative problem solving;
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building collaborative relationships. Team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed;
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods;
- Self-motivated, capable of seeking quality solutions and continuously focusing on process improvements, while keeping the needs of the business in the forefront;Computer and PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).