Senior Financial Analyst
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are seeking a Dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to join our team!
The FP&A team aims to drive the company’s business performance by providing high-quality decision support to both the executive team and business unit managers. The Senior Financial Analyst will be involved in preparing both standard and ad hoc reports concerning the company’s financials and operations as well developing operating budgets/forecasts. This position entails a high-level of engagement with the business and therefore requires exceptional communication skills and business acumen.
The Analyst will report to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
The position will be located at our corporate office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Serves as a key liaison and partner to an assigned business unit along with interfacing with the Finance and support teams;
- Participates in monthly and quarterly closing activities to ensure expenses are posted accurately;
- Identifies financial/operating trends and variances, and respond to inquiries;
- Participates in development of annual operating plans, as well as quarterly forecasts;
- Assists business unit managers/staff with the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Prepares and lead the financial monthly review for the business segment;
- Researches, analyzes, and reports on financial data - sales, gross margin, and expenses;
- Prepares investment analyses (ROI, payback);
- Recommends improvements to financial reporting processes;
- Communicates and explains complex operational and financial data;
- Work product must be produced in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Economics or a similar quantitative field;
- Four to six years of experience in performing data and financial analysis in a business environment;
- Strong initiative, well organized, and detail oriented;
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to build relationships and work both individually and collaboratively with a team;
- Able to lead group meetings and present financial results to operating managers and executives;
- Ability to adapt and work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment including ability to deliver on multiple assignment and meet tight deadlines;
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, financial statements, and financial principles;
- Advanced technical ability and substantial experience with Excel; working knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Prefer prior exposure to business intelligence tools, ERP systems, and/or database systems;
- Prefer prior experience supporting a retail business but not required;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).