Come Join the Stanley Family!
Competitive Compensation package including employer paid health care after 61 days of employment.
Opportunity for Training and Career Growth!
Need Express Technicians - pay based on experience with added incentives for productivity.
- Lube Technician Experience Required
- Light Maintenance Repair Experience and Certifications are a Plus!
- Team Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent People Skills
- Must Pass Background and Drug Screen
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record test
Functions as a technician who is able to perform duties as a Lube/Oil technician and light repairs as needed.
Essential duties include the following.
Diagnosis and Repair
- Consistently achieves 30+ flag hours per week; minimum 70% efficiency rating required
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required. 100% completion of multi-point inspection
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
Training / Knowledge
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events. Maintains necessary manufacturer certifications
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
Work Environment Safety /Maintenance
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' vehicles are kept clean. Avoids situations that would cause unnecessary damage to customers’vehicle due to careless or neglectful acts. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Professional appearance.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Typically may bend, stoop, lift or carry objects weighting up to 150 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.