Come Join the Stanley Chrysler Dodge Jeep - Gatesville Family!
- Salary plus commissions annual income potential of $50,000+
- Employer Paid Benefits after 90 days of employment
- High School Diploma
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent People Skills
- Must Pass Background and Drug Screen
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record test
- Auto Dealer Experience a plus!
- Selling Experience a plus!
A Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work in the service department. Ensures required CSI levels are attained. Consistently contributes to the achievement of department metrics are achieved or exceeded. (ELR, Hours per CP RO, Labor and Parts Gross Margins, and Total Departmental Gross.)
Essential Duties include the following.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Writes up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Must obtain customer's signature on repair order for preauthorization of work to be completed; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
Service Dispatch and Follow-up
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed, and provides an estimate for body work.
- Supervises all cleaning and prepping of new and used vehicles.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
Certification: Maintains required levels of manufacturer training and certifications.
Standing for long periods of time.
Typically may bend, stoop, lift or carry objects weighting up to 50 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.