Tube Bend Machinist
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Tube Bend Machinist to join our team!
The Tube Bend Machinist will be responsible for performing a combination of tasks including but not limited to programming, set up, operation and maintenance of the tube bend machines to meet customer print in an efficient and cost-effective way.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Programs machines for required jobs;
- Sets up, and runs CNC tube bender without assistance;
- Installs proper tooling, and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Conducts quality inspections using appropriate quality measurement tools (calipers, tapes, height gages, check fixtures etc);
- Performs minor machine maintenance;
- Works closely with engineering on determining machine capability for various projects as well as correct update data as needed;
- Will be required to use basic shop tools with proficiency;
- Completes daily labor catch report for work assigned jobs;
- Must be able to keep an accurate count of material;
- Stacks and organizes materials.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment while following all required PPE for area;
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years’ of recent experience with bending machine is preferred;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Strong understanding of basic math including decimals, fractions and metric system;
- Experience with Horn CNC & NC tube bender and SoCo NC Pipe bender is preferred;
- Able to interpret technical drawings and demonstrate proficiency in following work instructions;
- Experience working with thin-walled tubing;
- Experience with basic maintenance of machines;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Be able to troubleshoot basic problems with machines;
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow;
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequent heavy and demanding physical labor;
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance;
- Must be able to perform constant repetitive motion;
- Must be able to stand 8 hours a day;
- Must be a team player;
- Must be willing to learn;
A large percentage of work time is spent in a production warehouse where temperatures range from warm to cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).