UTV Accessory Merchandising / Product Category Specialist
Transamerican Auto Parts is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are seeking a Dynamic Category Merchandising Product Specialist to join our team!
The UTV Category Merchandising Product Specialist will be responsible for developing the product strategy to profitability grow the UTV accessory business.
This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Office in Compton, CA in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Deliver P&L results. Responsible for delivery UTV accessory category revenue, gross margins and inventory goals;
- Manages relationships with suppliers to ensure cost competitiveness, timely delivery and supplier quality;
- Works with suppliers and manufacturing partners to create accurate product content load sheets to support operations and marketing initiatives;
- Identifies new product opportunities and works to implement through retail, wholesale and DSI selling channels to maximize the opportunities;
- Works directly with internal sales teams and external suppliers on customer promotional programs;
- Develops business insights and recommends solutions for UTV accessory business, including identifying potential growth opportunities, as well as recognizing strengths and concerns;
- Performs sales analysis and leverages the analysis to create product line and SKU rationalization recommendations;
- Represents division and company as spokesperson on occasion; attends various industry events including trade association meetings.
- Manages sell out results relevant to assigned category;
- 5+ Years of automotive / powersports product management, marketing or merchandising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field;
- Cross-functional leadership capabilities, team player who is able to work well across and up and down the organization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, ability to manage complex projects in a fast paced work environment;
- Automotive / powersports customer, product and brand experience;
- Omni channel retail experience; online, wholesale and brick and mortar;
- Proficient with MS Office applications – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
- Must be able to travel for work related projects;
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).