Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA seeks a Workshop Manager.
Due to Department needs, Pacific BMW is expanding its After-Sales Management team! The main purpose of the Workshop Manager is to oversee the entire workshop operations including directly managing Shop Foremen, Dispatcher and Service Technicians.
To be successful in this role, you will have at least 3 years as an automotive technician, strong leadership skills and excellent customer relationship abilities. Previous management experience is highly desirable.
- Surroundings: Work is usually performed inside the shop where there is exposure to drafts, noise, and fumes from vehicles. Work is occasionally performed outside under adverse weather conditions.
- On a regular basis: Standing, Walking, Bending, twisting and/or stooping, Kneeling and/or squatting, Climbing stairs, Lifting, Reaching and/or lifting overhead, Grabbing with hands, Pushing and pulling.
- Infrequently: Sitting
Job Specific Duties Include:
- Perform and/or facilitate administrative functions of the workshop
- Facilitate quality control of vehicles, including testing, checking, & road-testing of each vehicle as necessary to ensure accurate diagnosis & repair
- Communicate directly with customers in regards to the service being performed and the status of the vehicle when necessary
- Ensure dispatching is optimized in order to optimize efficiency, cost of labor and quality
- Work directly with Service Advisors to accurately document customer concerns and ensure prioritized vehicles are repaired in time
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all Service & Parts personnel to ensure knowledge of the current status of parts availability & shop schedule to generate effective quality control & maximize productivity
Disclaimer: To qualify for employment, the top candidates must pass a pre-employment investigation that includes a background check, MVR, drug testing & previous employment verification. You can expect further notification of the status of your application within two to three weeks. Due to the high number of applicants we receive, we request that you do not contact HR within this time-frame. We will inform you whether or not you have been selected to interview. Pacific BMW is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Drug-Free work environment.