Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnoses and/or repairs on medium and heavy duty trucks to include (but not limited to) routine maintenance, DOT inspections, electrical, and engine overhauls.
- Type notes on repair orders and submit electronic parts requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep assigned bay clean and free of trip hazards.
- Communicate with Service Foreman and Service Advisors with status of repairs.
- Test drive vehicles when necessary.
- Complete required Elite Support, engine specification, and any other appropriate training as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Clean driving record required (as accepted by insurance company)
- CDL license strongly preferred, or obtaining one within 90 days of hire
- Must maintain appropriate toolbox
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to type on computer terminal
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
We offer paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, and training opportunities.
Applicants must have their own tools and tool box. Experience with heavy truck repair is preferred, but not required.
Please apply below with resume or you can drop it off at 3890 Jolly Rd Ayden NC 28513.