Savage 61 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram seeks an Automotive Service Manager in Reading, PA.
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER.
The primary responsibility of the service manager is to create owner loyalty and to create department profitability. Other responsibilities include supervision and management of their department to ensure employee satisfaction, protection of the dealer’s service investment, knowledge and productivity of technicians, workshop utilization, workshop condition, meeting time promises to customers, workshop capacity utilization, vehicle function testing, labor and parts sales, warranty claim acceptance, customer relations and information, accuracy of financial transactions, performance of assigned work, adherence to correct repair procedures, diagnostic assistance, quality assurance, work area housekeeping.
- Aggressively and cheerfully perform or ensure performance of any and all activities necessary to improve and maintain the highest possible Dealership Profitability and Customer Satisfaction level.
- Create and meet financial and operational sales and expense objectives as expected by owners/dealer principal, prepare monthly forecasts.
- Supervise, manage and train personnel in the department.
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all Service Department staffs.
- Maintain highest possible standards of workmanship; advise technicians of dealership CSI on a monthly basis.
- Lead shop meetings periodically.
- In support of personnel recruitment activity, maintain working relationship with vocational and technical schools.
- Keep workshop technical information updated. Maintain information library.
- Resolve 100% of customer complaints within 48 hours.
- Keep dealer informed of serious complaints, possible legal cases, and cases not closed satisfactorily; be totally aware of “lemon laws”.
- Evaluate performance of department through operational and financial statistical tools.
- Administer and evaluate customer surveys and other follow-up programs.
- Evaluate performance of employees based on job descriptions and department objectives through annual reviews.
- Support and maintain personnel policies, both morally and as prescribed by law
- Is responsible for making sure that all injuries sustained by his employees during the course of their job (Workman’s Comp.) be reported to the office IMMEDIATELY and making a written report
- Outline training program for employees, and organize in-dealership technical training.
- Maintain working relationship with factory representative
- Prepare pricing guides and menus for frequent labor operations.
- Organize and Administer alternate transportation programs.
- Promote the sales of labor, parts, and accessories to meet customer needs.
- Support technicians on the job; provide technical information; ensure use of correct tools and equipment.
- Monitor technician efficiency and provide assistance for improvement.
- Develop systems for quality checking each job.
- Develop standards of customer treatment and enforce their use; devise special processes for handling comebacks.
- Maintain accurate records and insure warranty parts retention as outlined in policy and procedures manual.
- Maintain and secure Inspection Stickers and records
- Support effective Inter-department relationships.
- Work with sales department in generation of new and used car sales.
- work with parts department as appropriate to ensure proper stocking of high use parts.
- Communicate effectively with all customers in a manner that reflects positively on one self, the dealership, and the product.
- Attend manager’s meetings.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with, federal, state and local regulations that affect service & parts operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Terminate staff with the approval of GM
- Provide technical assistance to employees as needed.
- Establish & maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat referral business.
- Conduct in-house technical training.
- Assist with diagnosis of difficult and unusual malfunctions.
- Conduct final inspection on all vehicles.
- Review completed repair order. Compare labor operations to parts issued. Determine flat rate to be charged. Resolve discrepancies.
- Calculate technician efficiency and productivity and maintain required summaries.
- Prepare warranty claims in accordance with standard procedures. Maintain campaign records.
- Maintain personnel and training records.
- Maintain liaison with volume customers, such as fleet owners or leasing companies.
- Plan and coordinate service marketing activities.
- Maintain department correspondence and files.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the workshop, technicians’ facilities, and service parking lot.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of personal work area.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Complete factory certification program and maintain the certification at all times.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must have a tolerance to normal shop noise
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience: Previous Automotive Dealership Service Management/Service Advisor and/or Service Technician is Required
- Language Skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication, supervisory, and managerial skills.
- Ability to operate the department at a profit according to dealership guidelines.
- Must be willing to work on Saturday if it falls on the last day of the month.
- Must have valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record and safe driving habits in order to drive both customer vehicles and a demonstrator vehicle. (No adjustment to compensation if she/he does not qualify to drive a company vehicle.)
- Must be a team player with impeccable honesty and integrity.
- Must wear company supplied uniform
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours.
Please apply below.
Savage 61 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Reading, PA 19605
Savage 61 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Reading, PA 19605