Overfinch North America seeks an Automotive Technician in Danville, VA.
Overfinch is the world's leading creator of bespoke Range Rover vehicles. We are looking for a full-time, detail oriented, motivated Automotive Technician.
- Industry recognized qualification in Motor Vehicle Service and Repair.
- 5 + years’ experience in an automotive workshop.
- A qualification in welding / metalwork would be preferable.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Experience of working with luxury and / or prestige vehicles is desirable.
- Overfinch / Land Rover product knowledge and / or a willingness to learn.
- An ability to build vehicles to a high standard, and maintain and repair vehicles to Overfinch standards.
- An ability to build a rapport with a wide range of individuals (employees, suppliers, customers etc.).
- An affinity for problem solving.
- A keen attention to detail.
- An ability to work to and meet targets.
- Flexibility to work overtime and / or extended hours.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally from time to time in line with requirements of the Company.
- A valid passport that does not expire prior to August 2018.
- A full, clean driving license.
General Overview of the Role
- Disassemble & reassembly of vehicles.
- Maintenance, service & repair of vehicles.
- Trial fitment of new products.
- Health & safety.
- Any other duties as and when required.
Main Activities of the Role Disassemble & Reassembly of Vehicles
- Carrying out all technical assemblies on new and used vehicles in line with job cards.
- Fitment of Overfinch carbon body kits, wheels and tires, exhaust systems and interior components.
- Arranging engine / ECU power upgrades using associated software.
- Fitment and wiring of electrical hardware such as DRL’s, Exhaust Control Modules.
- Identifying any parts that need to be replaced or refurbished during the reassemble process to ensure the vehicle meets Overfinch standards.
- Carrying out all works to a high professional standard and within target deadlines.
- Carrying out quality checks on vehicles following any assembly.
- Carrying out road tests on vehicles following assembly.
- Liaising with the Business Manager / Vice President regarding any issues.
Maintenance, Service and Repair of Vehicles
- Carrying out visual inspections and diagnostic tests on vehicles and providing cost estimates for any maintenance, service and / or repair work including obtaining part prices and / or external costs.
- Carrying out any maintenance, service and / or repair work to new and used vehicles in line with job cards.
- Carrying out quality checks on vehicles following maintenance, service and / or repair works.
- Carrying out road tests on vehicles following maintenance, service and / or repair works.
- Carrying out minor ‘smart’ repairs to vehicles including, but not limited to, paint touch ups, buffering, cleaning etc.
Trial Fitment of New Products
- Trialling the fitment of new parts received and liaising with the UK office to report any reoccurring issues with products.
- Providing constructive feedback to the Product Development Team regarding any apparent obstacles and how to overcome them to ensure that new products are fit for purpose.
Health & Safety
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment.
- Carrying out work in line with the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Assisting in implementing new health and safety policies from time to time.
- Carrying out weekly health & safety checks for the Workshop area from time to time when Apprentice Technicians are unavailable.
- Alerting Workshop Manager and / or Company Legal Department to any breeches of health & safety.
Any Other Duties As and When Required Any other duties as and when required by the Company, Workshop Manager and / or Operations Manager, including but not limited to:
- Working off-site on occasion, both domestically and internationally, at a Customer or another business’ premises.
- Communicating any issues to the Service and After-Sales Department and / or Customers where and when required.
- Valeting vehicles.
- Assisting in mentoring apprentices to improve their skillset.
- Carrying out work in line with Company policies.
500 Stinson Drive, Danville, VA24540
Note: Must be able to attend initial training and probation period for up to 12 weeks in the UK.
Hours of Work:
8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Competitive Pay, Subject to Experience
- 401(k) Options with Employer Contributions
- Health Insurance for Employee paid by Employer; Health Savings Account Options with Employer Contributions
- Short Term Disability Insurance for Employee paid by Employer
- Opportunities for Advancement (including Management positions)
- Paid Vacation
This is an hourly, non-management position.
We welcome applications from talented people with a range of backgrounds, experiences and qualifications.
You can submit your resume electronically at any time to email@example.com.
Please apply below.